Friday, August 31, 2007

ALONE...SO ALONE....

The last time I felt this marooned was when i sat huddled up in my oversized maroon tunic and white blouse in a roomful of screaming, shierking, screeching beings with my leathery sheild containing alphabet-books and skeptically-pointed pencils held my defencively before my perplexed countenance...a mere child of five and a half years of age....And now as I sat at my french poetry-scribbled weather-beaten desk,the same menacing feeling of isolation crept back again...slowly, stealthily it slithered into my being..i looked around at the colourful sea of humans around me...humans who thumped each other on the back, smiled and winked... and humans who all seemed blissfully oblivious to my existence...A few faces i recognised..faces of friends who had just the other day rubbed happy shoulders with me...but now i was no more than thoses fiery words of poetry scribbled in a bout of poetic frenzy on the weather-beaten desk...nothing but an endless,meaningless plank of wood that would eventually fall prey to the merciless hands of Time...

1 comment:

CheshireCat said...

i know how you feel...
we all go through bouts of this loneliness,this feeling of uprooting...
the way you put it was brilliant!