Friday, September 14, 2007

PEACE..AT LAST....

Spiders, cockroaches and unidentified winged insects have infested the locker-rooms of my heart...there were no bloody skirmishes, no tedious wars...i submitted without a fight...simply held open the gates and in they trooped, fifty thousand blotchy scrawly creatures, beating triumphant drums of victory, majestically, trooped into my kingdom...my heart...
I was a weak queen, who could not hold on to the reins of her chariot...A weak queen who gazed at the world through translucent pink shades and smiled in delight...a queen who juggled tiny earthern 'bhars' on the shamelessly-balding stretches of the Maidan, blissfully complacent....and a queen, who intentionally kept her doors and windows unbolted and thrown open at night....
My poor patchworked heart!...It had been operated upon too often... A mercilessly-menacing pair of silver scissors, barring its saliva-dripping canines, ripped through the soft red flesh a million times...excruciating pain blinded my eyes with silent, forceful tears...then came the sadistically winking needle...thus continued the hellish task...the gory unfinished jigsaw puzzle, hoping against hope to be spared the slow-poisioning...and yet the needle took the sharp dives, swam on underwater through soft quivering flesh and emerged on the surface again in euphoric delight...and oh!..the pain of it all...my poor patchworked heart that bore it...My poor poor patchworked heart!
The secret would go to the grave with me...the fact that i had sealed a deal with the present occupants of my heart...My heart had been ravaged, plundered, it's blood spilt again and again and again...ravaged by thoses very beings to whom it opened wide the doors and windows of its castle...in they came and broke down yet another carefully constructed wall...The souls i trusted with my bounteous heart...left me maimed, mutilated for life....
Hence i resign...retire...let go of the reins and sigh.....
The spiders, cockroaches and unidentified winged creatures would do better justice to my poor patchworked heart....they would....yes, they would....

No comments: